This week's delicious delight is created especially for our mother who celebrates a milestone this year... She's says she not over 39, but we know that she has quite a bit of history under her belt! The BIG 80!!!! Happy Birthday!!!! So this week Smarty Marty cooks up one of our mother's favorite! Chicken Alfredo! So let's gather up the necessary ingredients and get started:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. fetuccini
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to rest, then slice.
- To the pan, add milk, chicken stock and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add pasta, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Let cook about 8 minutes more, or to your desired doneness.
- Add cream and Parmesan and stir until combined. Simmer 2 more minutes, or until the sauce thickens, and season again with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sliced chicken. Serve immediately with parsley.
Dinner is Served! Happy Birthday to my Dear Mother!!!
Food Styled and Prepared By Smarty Marty
Recipe By -www.delish.com
Atlanta Based Photography Elisha Akram (Kustom Kreation Photography) weekly food/recipe contributor Smarty Marty(My Older Sister) combines her love for cooking, photography and plating meals each and every Tuesday for this Segment entitled Foodie Tuesday. Join us each week for a variety of dishes prepared by Smarty Marty