This week recipe idea is a classic with a twist... Macaroni Please, but not just any macaroni , we are adding a few vegetables to make this what they call a Macaroni Salad.... As always 1st things 1st we need to gather up the following ingredients.
- 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
Food Styled and Prepared By Smarty Marty
Recipe By - Allrecipes.com
Atlanta Based Photography Elisha Akram (Kustom Kreation Photography) weekly food/recipe contributor Smarty Marty(My Older Sister) combines her love for cooking, photography and plating meals each and every Tuesday for this Segment entitled Foodie Tuesday. Join us each week for a variety of dishes prepared by Smarty Marty