We seafood in our near future... Hi Folks welcome back to Foodie Tuesdays with Smarty Marty we are excited to bring you this classic favorite on the blog today... no other then fish N chips!
So let's gather up the necessary ingredients and get started on this easy breezy recipe idea!
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 8 (4 ounce) fillets cod
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into eighths
Directions for Battered Dip Fish
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients. or Incorporate Seafood Batter Mix
- Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil. Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.
Directions for Battered Potatoe Wedges
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place Parmesan cheese, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and potatoes into a resealable plastic bag. Seal the bag, then shake to coat the potatoes with the seasoning. Spread the potatoes over a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
Food prepared and Styled By- Smarty Marty
Recipes and Direction from : Allrecipes.com