This week specialty Dinner Idea from Smarty Marty is her take on Turkey Sausage and Sauerkraut! This ingredient list will serve 4 and it's approximately 50 mins.
Mashed Potatoe was placed on the side with garnishments.
- tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds hot or mild (or a combination) Italian turkey sausages (about 6 sausages)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 large bulb fennel, trimmed, quartered and thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon fronds for garnish
- 1 Gala apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained well
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, turning often, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. ...
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. ...
- Add broth, vinegar and mustard.
Recipe By : Food Network
Food Styling & Photography By: Smarty Marty