This week dinner ideas is a take on your regular chicken breast!
Chicken Marsala with mushrooms over garlic mashed potatoes
Let the cooking begin... But first here are the ingredients for your dish
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced*
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup Marsala wine** see note
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh Chopped Parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Add the chicken and lightly salt and pepper. Cook until lightly brown and cooked throughout. Remove chicken and set aside on plate.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. Add marsala wine and bring to a boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. This allows the alcohol to burn out. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, ground mustard, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Place chicken back in the sauce and continue to simmer for about 1-2 minutes.