Ooh wee it's Tuesday and we have a delicious delight for you today. Smarty Marty whips up some Asian Chicken Egg Rolls! If you are ready to cook you up something flavorful let's start first with gathering up what you will need to create this dish:
- 12egg roll wraps
- 1⁄2-1lb ground pork (or chicken or beef)
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4cup soy sauce
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 1(16 ounce) bagshredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (not quite the whole bag)
- 4green onions, sliced
- 1egg, beaten with
- 1teaspoon water
- oil (for frying)
- Brown chicken with ginger and garlic in pan; drain any grease.
- Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pork and mix well.
- In large bowl combine cabbage mix and green onions.
- Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let cool slightly.
- Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold in right and left points.
- Brush beaten egg on top point.
- Finish rolling.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350ºF).
- Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce, hoisin sauce or jalapeño pepper jelly.
Salad Prepared By Smarty Marty
Recipe By: Geniuskitchen.com
Photography & Styling By Smarty Marty
Atlanta Based Photography Elisha Akram (Kustom Kreation Photography) weekly food/recipe contributor Smarty Marty(My Older Sister) combines her love for cooking , photography and plating meals each and every Tuesday for this Segment entitled Foodie Tuesday. Join us each week for a variety of dishes prepared by Smarty Marty