Happy Fat Tuesday All!!! For this week Foodie Tuesday Delight we are sharing Seared Scallops with Roasted Garlic and Fresh Green Beans
Before we get started you need the following Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic, cut in half
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Prep 15 m
Cook 45 m
Ready In 1 h
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spoon 3 tablespoons olive oil over the cut sides of the garlic head; wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the garlic is soft, about 30 minutes; set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into a saucepan; pour the chicken stock into the saucepan and use a fork to mash the garlic into the stock. Cook the stock over high heat until the liquid is reduced in volume by half, about 10 minutes. Stir the cream into the stock and remove from heat; set aside.
- Melt the butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the scallops with salt and pepper; sear in the hot butter and oil mixture until opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat immediately.
- Stir the lemon juice into the cream sauce; spoon immediately onto 2 plates. Arrange the scallops on the plates. Garnish with the parsley to serve.
Food Styling and Preparations By Smarty Marty
Recipe Courtesy of Allrecipes.com