This week’s Foodie Tuesday meal idea for you is Mediterranean styled dish using Chicken… To get started cooking up this delicious delight we need to gather up the necessary ingredients.
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch cubes
1/2 English cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
3 plum tomatoes, quartered
1/2 small red onion, cut 3/4 inch thick, and separated into slices
4 whole-wheat pitas
Garnish: oregano leaves
1. Whisk together lemon zest, 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, half the garlic, the oregano, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken, and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 45 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, stir together remaining lemon juice and garlic, the cucumber, yogurt, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
3. Heat grill to medium-high. Thread chicken, tomatoes, and onion onto 4 metal skewers. Brush with remaining 2 teaspoons oil, and season with pepper.
4. Grill skewers, turning, until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Grill pitas until charred, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve skewers with charred pitas and cucumber-yogurt sauce. Garnish with oregano leaves.
Food Styled and Prepared By Smarty Marty
Recipe By -www.marthastewart.com
Atlanta Based Photography Elisha Akram (Kustom Kreation Photography) weekly food/recipe contributor Smarty Marty(My Older Sister) combines her love for cooking, photography and plating meals each and every Tuesday for this Segment entitled Foodie Tuesday. Join us each week for a variety of dishes prepared by Smarty Marty